Each CSWP has proven their ability to design and analyze parametric parts and moveable assemblies using a variety of complex features in SolidWorks.
Recommended Training Courses:
SOLIDWORKS Essentials, SOLIDWORKS Drawings, Advanced Part Modeling and Advanced Assembly Modeling.
The current release of the CSWP Exam has been broken down into three separate segments. This new system means you no longer have to set aside a block of time to take the entire exam in one sitting. The segmented exam allows you to take each segment at any time, and in any order, and if you choose you can take all three in a row. Once you pass a segment, you will not have to take it again. If you fail a segment, you will be able to purchase just that segment and take it again. Once all three segments have been successfully completed, you will automatically receive your CSWP Certification.
3 hours 30 minutes (All segments total)
Minimum Passing grade: 75% in each segment
All candidates receive electronic certificates, business card logos and personal listing on CSWP directory* when they pass.
Exam features hands-on challenges in these areas:
Segment 1: (90 Minutes)
- Create a part from a drawing
- Use linked dimensions and equations to aid in modeling
- Use of equations to relate dimensions
- Update of parameters and dimension sizes
- Mass property analysis
- Modification of geometry on initial part to create a more complex part
Segment 2: (40 Minutes)
- Creating configurations from other configurations
- Changing configurations
- Mass properties
- Changing features of an existing SOLIDWORKS part
Segment 3: (80 Minutes)
- Creating an assembly
- Adding parts to an assembly
- Doing collision detection when moving a part in an assembly
- Replacing a part with another part in an assembly
- Creating a coordinate system
- Using a coordinate system to perform mass properties analysis