For plastics part designers, SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard enables you to optimize parts for manufacturability in the early stages of design. Easy to learn and use, SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard is fully embedded within the SOLIDWORKS CAD environment so you can analyze and modify designs at the same time you optimize for form, fit, and function.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard Include
- CAD Integrated: Fully embedded in the SOLIDWORKS environment so you can analyze and modify designs for manufacturability at the same time you optimize for form, fit, and function.
- Easy to Learn and Use: Takes only minutes to learn and does not require extensive analysis or plastics expertise
- Facilitated Design Team Communication: Web-based HTML reports make it fast and easy to communicate simulation results and design advice to all members of the design-to-manufacturing team.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Professional gives anyone who designs or builds injection molds an accurate, easy-to-use way to optimize them. You can quickly create and analyze single-cavity, multi-cavity, and family mold layouts, including sprues, runners, and gates. You can even balance runner systems and estimate cycle time, clamp tonnage, and shot size, enabling you to optimize feed system design and avoid costly mold rework.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Professional Include
- Avoid Costly Mold Rework: SOLIDWORKS Plastics helps ensure molds will work right the first time to avoid multiple rounds of time-consuming, costly, and unnecessary rework.
- Optimize Feed System: Analyze sprues, runners, and gates to balance runner systems; optimize gate type, size, and location; determine the best runner layout, size, and cross-sectional shape.
- Estimate Cycle Time, Clamp Tonnage, and Shot Size: Enables mold designers and mold makers to quote tooling projects quickly and accurately; assists manufacturing teams to size the injection molding machine for a given mold, optimize injection molding cycle time, and reduce plastics material scrap.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium includes everything in SOLIDWORKS Plastics Professional plus advanced simulation functionality that allows CAE analysts and mold designers to analyze mold cooling line layouts and predict molded part warpage. Users can design and analyze simple or complex mold cooling line layouts, optimize cooling system design to minimize cycle times and decrease manufacturing costs and optimize part and mold design, material selection and processing parameters to reduce or eliminate molded part warpage.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium Include
- Cooling line analysis: Design and analyze simple or complex mold cooling line layouts
- Reduce time and cost: Optimize cooling system design to minimize cycle times and decrease manufacturing costs
- Improve overall process: Optimize part and mold design, material selection, and processing parameters to reduce or eliminate molded part warpage
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Product Matrix Comparison
|SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS STANDARD||SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS PROFESSIONAL||SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS PREMIUM|
|SOLIDWORKS Native File Support|
|Associative with SOLIDWORKS|
|PLASTICS MATERIAL DATABASE|
|4000+ Commercial Plastics|
|Boundary Mesh (shell)|
|Solid 3D Mesh|
|Global Mesh Refinement|
|Local Mesh Refinement|
|Filling Phase (1st stage injection)|
|Packing Phase (2nd stage injection)|
|Automatic Gate Location(s)|
|Instantaneous Fill Time Plot|
|Sink Mark Analysis|
|MOLD GEOMETRY SUPPORT|
|Runner Design Wizard|
|Sprues and Runners|
|Hot & Cold Runners|
|Baffles & Bubblers|
|Conformal Cooling Channels|
|ADVANCED SIMULATION CAPABILITIES|
|Reaction Injection Molding (RIM; Thermosets)|
|Valve Gate (sequential injection)|
|Cooling Line Analysis|
|Conformal Cooling Analysis|
|Ease of Fill|
|Pressure at End of Fill|
|Flow Front Temperature|
|Temperature at End of Fill|
|Sink Marks Profiles|
|Frozen Layer Fraction at End of Fill|
|Part Cooling Time|
|Part Temperature at End of Cooling|
|Mold Temperature at Cooling End|
|Displacement due to Residual Stress|
|Displacement due to Total Residual Stress|
|Displacement due to In-Mold Residual Stress|
|Displacement due to Thermal Stress (after ejection)|